Fragrant Coconut Rice Recipe using Coconut Milk Powder
PREPARATION TIME: 3 MIN
COOKING TIME: 20-45 MIN
1 cup of long grain rice
2 cups of water
50g Foothills Naturals Coconut Milk Powder
toasted coconut flakes (optional)
1. Measure out and rinse 1 cup rice - this helps the rice to become fluffy, and not clump together when cooked by removing the excess starches.
2. Add 2 cups of water.
3. Measure out and stir in 50g of Foothills Naturals Coconut Mink Powder, salt to taste and stir until well combined. Press against the side if necessary. The water should now look milky.
4.Turn on your rice cooker, cover with a lid, and then continue to step 7. If using a stove top please continue to step 5.
5. If using a stove top - once combined, place saucepan over high heat and cover with a lid.
6.When it boils, watch so it does not boil over, turn the heat to low/medium low, and simmer gently for 12-15 min until the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Remove from the heat when done and let the rice rest for 5-10 min.
8. Fluff with a fork or rice paddle and garnish with toasted coconut flakes if desired.
NOTES: We make our rice using a rice cooker, however, this recipe should work with stove top methods using the same 1:2 ratio of rice and water. This ratio will depend on individual rice cookers and stove tops as well as geographic elevation.