Muscle Pain Relief
5 Days of Cold and Flu Remedies!
Welcome to Day 4 of our 5 Days of Cold and Flu Remedies series!
Today is a much anticipated recipe that we've had a few people ask us about! It yet again features mullein, however this is a simple infusion, which when made with our Mullein Leaf will store for up to a year when done correctly, if you're using fresh mullein, this will keep for about 3-4 weeks.
This recipe is perfect for folks suffering from chronic muscle pain and inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, or just generally some muscles. The best part? You only need two ingredients!
The natural properties of mullein, when used with a carrier oil, like Calendual Oil, allows the natural compounds in mullein to penetrate deep into the skin, and provide targeted relief at the site of the pain. It can also be used as a base for salves and balms.
In addition to its use for relieving muscle pain and inflammation, mullein leaf has been used for centuries for a variety of other purposes. It was often used in traditional medicine to help heal minor cuts, scrapes, and burns, and was also used as a base for making salves or balms for treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin.
THIS RECIPE IS FOR TOPICAL USE ONLY, DO NOT INGEST INTERNALLY.
Muscle Pain Relief Oil
1 cup Mullein Leaf
1 cup carrier oil (such as Calendula Oil or Olive Oil)
1. Place the dried Mullein Leaves in a clean, dry glass jar.
2. Pour the carrier oil over the leaves, making sure they are completely covered.
3. Close the jar tightly and shake well
4. Place the jar in a dark, warm place, such as a windowsill for 2-4 weeks. Shake the jar daily.
5. Strain the oil through a fine mess cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer, discarding the leaves.
6. Store the infused oil in a clean, dry glass bottle with a tight fitting lid, and label with the date.