5 Days of Cold and Flu Remedies!
Welcome to Day 1 of our 5 Days of Cold and Flu Remedies series!
Today we're excited to introduce you to a delicious and nourishing recipe for a honey lozenge tea. This natural remedy combines the power of Irish Moss, honey, lemon juice, and dried herbs to create a soothing and effective relief for common cold and flu symptoms such as bronchitis, coughs, and sore throats. The Irish Moss provides a wealth of minerals and anti-inflammatory properties, while the honey, lemon juice, and herbs work together to provide relief and promote overall health and wellness. Let's dive in!
Did you know that Irish Moss is a gluten free, and vegan gelatin alternative, and thickener.
Irish Moss is rich in minerals like iodine, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which is beneficial towards your thyroid and respiratory health. Traditionally it has been used to help with the relief of bronchitis, lung inflammation, coughs, and sore throats.
Honey Lozenge Tea
1 cup Irish Moss Powder
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a heat proof bow, mix the Irish Moss Powder in the boiling water, until fully dissolved.
2. Add honey, lemon juice, and herbs, and stir until well combined.
3. Let steep for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
5. Let cool a few minutes before drinking