- YOU WILL RECEIVE: 1 pound / 454 g of Gymnema Sylvestre – powder
- TASTE NOTES: bitter
- SUITABLE FOR: encapsulation or to be added to drinks and smoothies. Gymnema sylvestre is also called gurmar in Hindi, which means “destroyer of sugar”. It blocks your taste buds from accessing sweet flavours and prevents absorption of sugar. Gymnema sylvestre is a useful supplement for sugar cravings especially for those on a high-fat diet.
- This woody plant contains saponins, gymnemic acids, and other chemicals which INCREASE INSULIN PRODUCTION, promote CELL REGENERATION, IMPROVE METABOLISM, and BLOCK SUGAR ABSORPTION in the small intestine.
- The gurmarin contained in the Gymnema Sylvestre prevents our tongue’s taste buds from detecting sweet foods. Gurmarin has similar structure to sugar and occupies the receptors to prevent the detection of sugar. The acid acts similarly on our intestinal lining and prevents the absorption of sugar. This stops sugar cravings and can aid weight loss as well as blood sugar control.
- CERTIFICATIONS: Origin: India – it is certified ORGANIC, KOSHER and NON-IRRADIATED. It has undergone additional quality and purity testing in the USA. Suitable for those following the Keto diet.